Created and presented by Chantelle Rytter and the Krewe of the Grateful Gluttons, the Atlanta BeltLine Lantern Parade was created to attract visitors to discover the Atlanta BeltLine Trail—growing from some 400 participants in 2010 to an estimated 70,000 in 2019.
Following a 2020 hiatus, the 12th Atlanta BeltLine Lantern Parade debuted on the Westside Trail on May 21, 2022, bringing light and joy to all.
- Pre-Game at Pittsburgh Yards, 2 PM – 7 PM. Festivities to include weekly market, a lantern making workshop, and kid lantern parade
- Parade line-up 8pm in Adair Park I at Catherine Street
- For those who plan to watch, check out the spectator map
- Parade Step-off at 8:45pm sharp
- From Adair Park I to the trail, and then on to Lee + White!
The Atlanta BeltLine Lantern Parade debuted on the Atlanta art scene in 2010 with a few hundred people and continues to grow to include tens of thousands of lantern enthusiasts. Everyone is always invited to join in in the fun and lights of one of the most magical events of the year. Anyone with a lantern is invited to come out and light up the Atlanta BeltLine trails! The parade is led by Chantelle Rytter and the Krewe of the Grateful Gluttons and a host of live bands.